Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Matt's Week of 1sts.

So we just recently returned from California for the Belcher Family reunion. This was the 1st vacation that Matt has gone on in years. We had so much fun spending time with my family, going to Disneyland, and the beach. It was Matt's very first time at Disneyland and he was just like a little kid. He loved it. Too bad for Matt I couldn't go on very many rides with him so that was sad, but he still was able to ride all of the rides he wanted to a couple of times. Thanks mom and dad for taking him around so he could get the true Disneyland experience. He was still nice enough to take it more easy in the afternoons and hang out with me and go on the kiddie rides that I could go on.
Matt also loved his first experience at the beach. Or I guess I should say in the ocean. He spent about 6 hours boogie boarding at Seal Beach. The first couple of hours he had a hard time catching on to the whole riding the waves. But after much practice he finally was able to ride the waves successfully.
We had such a good time. I got extremely exhausted and am still trying to catch up on sleep and rest. Hopefully now that Matt knows what he was missing out on he'll want to go on vacation more often. He is such a hardworker and has a hard time taking time off to play. But it was a much needed vacation for both of us. Thanks mom and dad for everything!
(Pictures of the vacation are yet to come)

5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Disneyland was the big vacation inspiration for Justin. He never understood what the big deal was about vacations but was completely converted after our trip! Was the weather so hot? I was thinking of you down there, baking in the sun. I have to say that the pics in my head of you wandering around a hot, crowded, Disneyland in your delicate condition were pretty miserable, but it sounds like you had a good time, so I'm very glad for you! Glad you're home! We'll have to get together some morning when we're both caught up on sleep! Miss you!

Matt and Erin said...

Hey, your blog is so cute. I usually read it on Google Reader, but finally got to the actual page today. Glad you guys had fun in California! Ah, the beach--I am jealous! I'm trying convince Matt we should live near the ocean someday. Hope things are going well for you guys!

Kayla said...

That's how I felt when I went to Disney World in April. I absolutely loved it! It was my first time too. That's awesome that you guys got to take some take away! Now pictures, pictures, we want pictures!

Anonymous said...

Matt Bradshaw!! I can't believe it has been so long!! How have you been? It looks like you're happy. I feel bad that we lost touch, I know it's my fault. Anyways, I'm glad to see that your little family has a blog, keep in touch!

Lynn Gurney said...

Kim, you're the best. Can't wait to see the pictures. I feel like a snake shedding my skin after the 6 hour beach fest. Has Matt shed his skin yet? See you guys hopefully on Sunday.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed