Sunday, January 31, 2010

Law School Update

As another month has come to a close I can't help but begin to feel the anxiety that faces us in the next coming months. I used to always think about how nice it would be to make big life changing decisions and be in control of what was to transpire in the near future. However, now I feel like I just wish the decision could be made, that it would be the right one, and the only resulting consequences would be positive ones. I am afraid that my desire for ease in this process most likely won't be in the cards. To date I am 9/9 on acceptances from the schools I have heard back from. Most would consider this to be a great blessing having so many options. . . My problem is though that I applied to too many schools and now I am having major struggles in my efforts to narrow the list.

Don't get me wrong. I feel beyond blessed for the opportunities that we have, but that does not make the decision any easier. The next few months will be filled I am sure with long nights of research, phone conversations to alumni, and generic questions to school representatives in order to get some sense of where will be the best fit for our family. For those of you wondering about the offer(s) I have received to date, you can feel free to look at my online law school numbers profile at:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mattbradshaw

This website I update whenever I get a decision/scholarship from any school on our list.

In other news, I am happy to report a weight loss in the month of January of 9 lbs. Another month and a half at that pace and I will hit my new year's resolution goal of loosing 20-25 lbs.

Here is to another month of eating better, exercising regularly, and making life changing decisions.

3 comments:

Kira said...

Hey Matt, it is Cole. Congrats on all the offers from all the schools, that is awesome. You will have to let me know where you end up. And if you have any questions what it is like once you begin, let me know. I am starting the adventure of trying to find a summer associate position, the rat race doesn't end. Good Luck!

Terry said...

Way to go with the life style changes!!!! We really enjoyed having Kim, Karlee and Kerry here with us overnight. Karlee would even play with Grandma Parker... on her own terms, upstairs. I think we may have ruined the basement for her forever. I am sure that if you haven't already done so there will be more calliouses on your knees before this decision is made. Lots of love to you all and have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congrats, Matt! :) That's pretty impressive! With the Lord's help, you'll make the right decision for your family.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed