Matt and I got to have our first adventure in DC. Our wonderful friends offered to watch Karlee for us so we could have a little get away for our anniversary. We really enjoyed ourselves. Friday we went up and went to the temple, after we got out of the temple we were starving. So we thought we would go to the nearest town to find somewhere to eat. So our GPS took us right into downtown Bethesda and Matt didn't like the thought of having to find a parking spot on the street and pay for parking so we decided that maybe we should just head to our hotel. We got a hotel on the south side of DC to make the trip home shorter. Well I decided we should see if there was a Chevys Mexican restaurant in Alexandria where we were staying, I googled it on Matt's phone and sure enough there was. So I typed the address into the GPS and it said it was only 8 miles away. Well it was only 8 miles away but the GPS took us right through downtown DC on the side streets. It was really fun for me to see everything but for Matt who was driving it wasn't as fun. He's a country boy after all and driving in the city was well a little too stressful for him. So after forever we finally get to where Chevys is supposed to be according to the GPS. We look around and there was no Chevys to be seen. Well there was no Chevys but there was a Chevy dealership. Oops! I accidentally looked up Chevy instead of Chevys. Matt didn't think it was a funny mistake. But luckily for me there actually was a Chevys 3 miles up the street. It was a fun adventure.
Day 2 coming next.....
4 comments:
That is funny, wish i could have gone to eat with you. love their tortillas.
haha, that stinks about driving to Chevy...I'm glad you guys had a fun adventure!
I bet you don't buy a chevy anytime soon... ;-)
Ha ha, that is a pretty funny mistake. Way to go being so spontaneous! I hope matt's nerves have unraveled. :)
Post a Comment