Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Best Five Years


Five years ago today Kim and I were married in the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple for time and all eternity. I have spent a lot of time over the last few days thinking about those five years and how they undoubtedly have been the five most rewarding years of my life. I would not change a thing about the rollercoaster of experience that Kim and I have rode together. Though we have experienced what we thought were unbearable trials at times we have come through it all together as more mature, more polished, more united, and prepared to face whatever lies ahead for our young family.

I feel immensely blessed and lucky to have Kim in my life. She is exactly what I need in my life and is always supportive no matter the stress I am under. She keeps me honest in my priorities and committed to eternal goals. She is truly my better half. Beyond being a gracious and wonderful wife, she is an amazing mother to our children. Watching Colton light up whenever she walks into a room or Karlee seek her out to perform seemingly easy tasks like putting a bow in her hair (which apparently she is better at than me) makes me realize that all of us would be incomplete without her as a part of our lives. She is the light at the end the tunnel worth walking through the dark for and an example of the believers in all that she does.  I love you Kim. Thank you for the best five years, I look forward to fifty five more!

Here are a few stats for memories sake of our first five years:
  • We have lived in 5 apartments/homes in 4 different cities. (Provo, American Fork, Heber City, Williamsburg)
  • We have added two wonderful children to the family
  •  I have had 6 jobs over that time period ranging from tow truck driver, bookkeeper, life insurance salesman, tax staff, accounts manager at development firm, and  most recently peon for two W&M departments.
  • We have served in what seems like almost every organization in the Church. . [YM President, Ward Mission Leader, Youth Sunday School Teacher(s) (16-18 and 12-13), nursery leader, stake athletic director, scouts]
  • We have traveled to both DisneyLand and DisneyWorld and taken a 3000+ mile road trip through this country’s heartland
  • We have both finished Bachelors Degrees (and soon I will add a J.D. to the mix)
  • We survived hyperemesis and have seen miracles play out in our lives and in the life of others
  • We have made wonderful friends from seemingly everywhere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. 5 + 55 is just the beginning of eternity. :) I love you both so very very much.

Love, Mom B (from Gma Hunsaker's computer)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed