Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Now and Again

Just some thoughts:
Every now and again we are reminded of the struggles we face in this life. We find ourselves asking questions like why me? why now? However, the answers to those questions go unanswered for as we look deep into our souls the answer often is the whisper in the heart that says "wait and see." One such situation currently faces my brother and his young family, as they face the death of a son and the unknown future of his brother who spends his days in the NICU. I have been reminded of the cruelty of this life and the blessings that await the righteous through all eternity. Although I never met Dex in this life, I know him and of his goodness. Now as I pray for his brother to have the Lord's will revealed in his life I am reminded that now and again no matter how much we desire something we must pray for a back to bear the burden and a heart filled with faith and understanding. Now and again the Lord shows forth an increased portion of love that provides us the comfort we seek. Now and again we realize just how much we are loved. Now and again our true character shines through our eyes as we look into the dark unknown that lies in front of us and take a step forward. Now and again we step into that darkness without fear of the future and find that the way to walk is lighted before us. Now and again we stumble, however we only see the obstacles of this life when we focus on those obstacles.

2 comments:

KWit said...

Oh my gosh. My heart is with your brother and his family also. Mom called me tonight to tell the news. I was just on my way to the temple and placed their names on the prayer roll. My heart aches for them and they will also be in our prayers, we pray the tender merceries of our Lord will be with that little boy and his mother and father.

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Hey, why didnt we know you had a blog???? Congratulations on the cute beebee!!! She is adorable!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed