Sleepless nights have however led us to a realization that despite the logic or the underlying cost of my education we needed to follow the Spirit and our hearts (which strangely were saying the same thing). After visiting William and Mary last weekend I felt the peace that I was seeking. I felt what can only be described as an answer to many prayers uttered by both Kim and me. This direction has been confirmed to us and now we take our step into the dark having faith that with hard work we will be successful.
This decision has led me to follow the life philosophy that numbers and decimal points had almost made me forget. That is that in life we are often presented with a fork in the road, a moment in time when we decide who we will be. In our case we had many wonderful options each with glamorous benefits, but only one presented us with a truly unique opportunity to escape our comfort zone and grow. The road less traveled is often the road we need the most. And so we are excited to announce that we will be moving to Virginia later this summer and beginning a 3- year adventure on the East Coast.
Who knew that my first acceptance letter received back in November would end up being the only one I needed. . . (now please make plans to come visit us!)


10 comments:
That is really, really awesome Matt! We are excited for you and Kim and Karlee! This will be an adventure and that's what makes life fun!!! I promise I will try to visit sometime!!!
Congratulations on the BIG decision! I bet you are relieved to know where your lives are headed.
Congrats, we are so happy for you. Sen and I loved our time in Florida, the east coast is lots of fun. I can't wait to come visit.
Wow, congratulations to you both on this new adventure. Matt you are such an awesome catch......how about finding someone for Kristi and Kalli..hahaha . Seriously I am really happy you now have a direction in which to go. We will miss seeing you around at the Miller's. Take care of that sweet family of yours!
Yay Kim and Matt!!! We are so excited for you guys. It will be fun being just a car ride away! We love you guys.
Dear Matt, Kim and Karlee,
Along with everyone else we are so happy that you have a direction to head. Congratulations!! We are already making plans to become a pair of nationwide traveling parents. (ID, UT, AZ & VA) I am hording valium for Dad (remember Mr T on the Ateam) and I have purchased a squishy neck pillow for the plane rides. (Tee Hee). Again Congrates. Mom
Yay! Congrats...So glad you feel good about your decision.
Congratulations! We have a lot of friends and family that have recently moved there for school, and from what I can tell, all are loving it! Good luck....and good luck on getting people to come visit, too!
CONGRATS you to. That is exciting that a decision has been made and now you can prepare for what is a head. It really is an awesome thing moving from that comfort zone. I've done it a few times and in each places the blessings that we had received there truly showed us that if we are willing the Lord will put us exactly where he wants and needs us to be. So on that WAHOOO for you guys that is way exciting!
I am so excited you guys made a decision! It is so exciting to be moving forward with this big move! We will definitely have to get together before you guys head out permanently!
Post a Comment