Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Move

On the 29th we waited all day long for our truck to get to Heber so we could load our stuff onto it. We had planned to leave right after we loaded our stuff and stay the night in Cheyenne, Wyoming to break up the drive a bit. But we waited and waited and finally around 7 pm the truck finally got there. We loaded it pretty fast with the help of my dad and then we said our goodbyes and finally pulled out of Heber at 9 pm. We weren't so sure about our plans to stay in Cheyenne anymore because we didn't want to get to someones house at 2 in the morning. So Matt decided it would be best to just drive straight through the night so we could get to Des Moine, Iowa earlier the next day.

Karlee at the beginning of the trip.
Wyoming. I'm pretty sure it's just as boring to drive through at night as it is during the day.
You can't really see the sign very well but it says Nebraska. Very long state to drive through. I asked Matt a million times if he wanted to just pull over to take a nap but he refused until we got to Nebraska. We took an hour power nap and were good to go.
We were so excited to see that Iowa sign. We stayed with one of my good high school friends Erin Pitcher in Des Moine. It was so fun to see her. Thanks so much for letting us crash at your house!
Karlee on day two. She was still excited to be in the car.
Illinois.
Indiana.
Ohio. We stayed at my sister Erin's house in Ohio and my other sister Jodie met us there. It was so fun to hang out with them. We stayed there for a couple of days and it was so nice to just relax and not worry about driving for a few days.
Jodie gave Karlee her first hair cut. I think it looks so cute now.
Bye bye mullet.

Karlee loves her cousins. She had a great time at the sprinkler park with them. She thinks she's so big when she's with them.


Chillin' at the sprinkler park in Columbus, Ohio.
After a few days of rest we were anxious to get back on the road. West Virginia was such a beautiful state to drive through. Nothing but trees...everywhere.

YAY! Virginia!! We finally made it to the state we are going to be living in.
But this was the best sign of all.

After 2500+ miles, 9 states, way too many hours to count in the car. We finally made it to Williamsburg. Karlee was as good as we ever could have imagined. She was a trooper. We didn't stop very often and not for long periods of time. We are just trying to get settled now. It feels like the unpacking is never going to end. I think all of us are ready to get into some type of routine around here. We are just so thankful that we made it safe and sound.

7 comments:

Michelle Smith Isom said...

You three are awesome! We will miss seeing you at Gaylene's. I sure hope you have tons of success at school Matt. Good Luck!

Jenn said...

Oh wow...you guys really did go far. Seeing all those state signs roll by on the blog made me realize how far away Virginia really is. But those trees. Ah. Beautiful. You guys will love it there! I am so excited for you three! Good luck with the start of school!

Mardie said...

Oh man! I finally got the chance to look at all of your pictures from the last month. :( It made me all sentimental. But I'm super glad you took all the pics.

I can't wait to see more of the pics from your new digs and some of williamsburg. Can't wait to see more of the city you're now residents of. :( :( Miss you guys!!!!

Lisa Woods said...

I wish we could have been in Ohio with everyone. Your trip looked long, glad it wasn't us driving all that way. Virginia looks really nice. You will have to take more pics of your apartment and the area.

Heidi said...

I bet it feels so good to be getting settled...good luck with everything.

Megan B ♥ said...

Congrats on surviving the journey. I made the car trek from New York to Utah once... No fun! And I didn't have a toddler in the backseat!

Kayla said...

Holy Traveling! I'm glad you made it safe and sound and that everything is A-OK! We do miss you guys but can't wait to come visit sometime -- hopefully soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed