Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I love to see the temple!

Monday I had the opportunity to go to the Washington D.C. Temple. It was amazing! Our stake was having a stake temple trip and they were providing babysitters and everything so my friend Rachelle and I decided we couldn't pass up this opportunity, even if our husbands didn't get Labor day off of school. So Sunday night we (Rachelle, her two kids, me and Karlee) set out for DC to stay the night with some old friends from Heber the Rose's.

The kids all piled in the back seat. Cora, Karlee, and Canyon. They did really well. Karlee is a little stinker, she's never sat next to other kids in the car before and she really enjoyed bothering the other kids.
It was so nice Monday morning to not have to get up extra early to drive to the temple. We dropped the kids off at the Church right next to the temple. Such a great idea. It was really neat to go inside such a massive temple. It's so beautiful inside and out. All of the detail is so amazing!
After we brought the kids back to go to the visitor's center. We didn't last very long there because Karlee spent the whole time running from room to room. Climbing on the displays.
It was such a good trip. I wish the temple wasn't so far away from us. We really took for granted being so close to so many temples in Utah. But it is definitely worth the sacrifice to go. Both Matt and I were sad that he didn't have school off. We can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Way to go Kim! I'm proud of you! I live 5 minutes away and still don't ever go. I'm a bad, bad person.

Megan B ♥ said...

What a great experience. I just love that temple. It always reminds me of Cinderella's castle. That was actually the temple that my family was sealed in back in 1986, just before I turned 12. Good memories. That was the closest temple back then, can you believe it??

Trenholms said...

What a gorgeous temple! I'm so glad you took the opportunity to go. And Karlee is so cute...getting big! Sorry to hear about the pneumonia. NO FUN!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed