Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Power of Love

Lately I have had the opportunity to ponder upon the strengths of families and true friends. Being called to serve where I am and living in the ward in which we do I have been able to see firsthand much more of the influence of friends and families in the lives of young people. As I look back on the family that I grew up in, the family I married into, and the friends that I have been blessed to have surround me I can't help but feel blessed for the power of love. Through small and simple moments in our lives, we are molded into the sons and daughters of God that we were sent here to be. A wise man once told me that we dream our lives in grand gestures, but live our lives in small moments. . . How grateful I am for the small moments of love and teaching that has shaped me into someone who realizes he has a long way to go but the God given potential to bring forth miracles in the lives of others. So thank you.

I do realize that blogs are meant to keep all of you up to speed with the changes in our lives, but I figure Kim will update on changes and I can use this to share the insights that would be best placed in a journal, but our lives is an open book, so go ahead. . . keep reading.

2 comments:

Mardie said...

I too have spent a lot of time pondering the blessing of our loved ones. I have become more and more aware of my gratitude for my family (meaning Danny's family too!) What a loving Heavenly Father who has given us the amazing opportunity to be sealed to those we love the most! Thanks for reminding me again!

Kayla said...

Matt - you are a deep thinker aren't you?? I think you're gonna end up as a stake president some day. I'm calling it now.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed