There a few patterns that have surrounded my life lately that are not only unwelcome in nature, but inherently annoying and faith testing.
The latest frustrating pattern has come in my LSAT preparation, which has proven to be a trial of my faith. From day one I have known and accepted the challenge to take on the LSAT. In the beginning, signs were promising as I was meeting my goals and progressing at a constant rate, however four weeks ago I hit a plateau only to have seen a constant decrease in my score over the last few weeks. While understanding that the blessing always comes after a trial of faith I can't help but be frustrated with the challenge.
Through this experience I have realized something that time and time again I have to reminded of for whatever reason. General Conference this morning also touched on the principle. Every time I start feeling good about the things transpiring in my life, Heavenly Father has a way of reminded me from whom all blessings flow. Whether it be a paper in school, a practice LSAT exam, or success in whatever form it comes as a blessing from above. My arrogance and pride often build a wonderful stumbling block for me to trip over. Interesting how that works. The realization that your calling in life is just to work as hard as you can to accomplish personal and family goals and to serve faithfully those around you is humbling but an inspiring one.
Through it all I can say (with reluctance) that I am grateful for trials for they teach me who I am, what my role is in life, and those things that I need to do better each day if I am to stay the course. To date, I never have been failed, and with faith in the darkness I have always found my way. Of that I am sure and for that knowledge I step forward today trusting in the end result of the tomorrows that will come.
2 comments:
Good thoughts - as always.
Remember there is a thing as studying too much!
Best of wishes to you on your LSAT preparation. I know you'll do the best that you can. Actually there is no such thing as studying to much. There of course are more effective ways than others. Just do what you and your family feels is best so in the end you can feel that you did your very best. You're a good example, keep up the good work.
Post a Comment