Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Loss of Control

The last few months have been so very interesting. I remember when I used to think that all big decisions were behind me as the standard checklist of life mission, marriage, and declared major and career path had been made. I felt comfortable with my position, secure in understanding that as always I had a plan and I felt good about that plan. Everything changed as I sat in my first day of a Business Law class back in January, my direction in life seemed to be filled with questions and the law brought with it a long list of profound insights into our future and before I knew it the new direction was confirmed with an undeniable confirmation of direction.

These changes have brought with them added stress and some huge questions marks that for the most part seem to be out of our control. Anyone who knows me knows that the unknown and lack of planning never seems to be welcome in my life. I always have a plan, a goal, and a sense of control of the future. . . Right now I have none. So if anyone really wants to know what Kim and I are doing right now, it is simple we are waiting. . . waiting for the light of understanding to show us which way to walk. We keep busy and are looking forward to Kim's new adventure in coaching this fall but undoubtedly are convinced that we have lost the aspect of control and must wait patiently to know what is next for us.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed