So as I opened up my e-mail this morning and saw a note from the University of Texas, I to say the least got excited. I had read online that the first round of decisions had started to be sent and thought, could this really be my first real decision that will help me know about our future? The first sign? So I opened the e-mail to read this:
Thank you for your application to The University of Texas School of
Law. Upon initial review of your application, the Admissions Committee
has decided to hold your file for additional consideration with the
general applicant pool. Your status as a "hold" should not be viewed
as a denial, a deferral, or an invitation to the waitlist.
The Law School received approximately 1,500 files for Early Decision,
and while the Admissions Committee was able to make final decisions
on the majority of the files, there are some, yours included, that
we would like to consider with the general applicant pool before we
make a final decision. I anticipate that you will have a final decision
by April at the latest. I understand this delay may be inconvenient,
but I assure you that we will do our best to finalize your decision
as soon as possible.
So we went from we will tell you by mid-November so you can begin to consider something of finality to, give us another six months. A Yes/No Decision with a "Maybe" answer. Well here is to hoping, a large part of me thought I would receive a denial from them considering 70% of their class is from in-state, but I guess all we can do is continue to wait.
(Here I am still waiting!)
1 comment:
That's an annoying email. Well good thing you applied to so many other schools too! Maybe you'll get a definite answer out of one of those!
Post a Comment