Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Test Results

Well after the roller coaster which has been the last month with me internally, today I came to a few conclusions. 1) The more I think about it, the more my stomach hurts, so I am just going to move on with my life not thinking about it, and 2) Nothing is going to be a cure all, so after making some lifestyle adjustments and taking medication, hopefully I can live a normal life.
Yesterday I realized how horrible things in life could be as I spent all day with the white throne in the room next to me getting acquainted. Lets just say a stomach ache everyday is much better than what I have endured over the last 36 hours. So keeping a perspective of how bad things could be, I think I was given a little understanding that this isn't soo bad.

All tests have come back negative. No Celiacs Disease, no ulcerated colitis, no inflammatory irregularities, no pathogens causing problems, no parasites (heck if they didn't know any better they would say that I am perfectly normal. . . sadly I know better)

So after all the tests (which I believed neared 25 total) it has been determined that I have IBS and we are going to move forward with treatment for that. I was given a prescription which I was told could if it works turn into a long-term treatment where I take a pill a day and hope that it makes me feel better. Although it was mentioned that at some point they would try to wean me off the medication. However the fine print was also discussed that if it didn't seem to have the desired effect then. . . . you guessed it. . . . More Tests. I am also going to continue taking heartburn medication (which I started taking last week), and hope that the combination of the two allow me to function without having too much discomfort.

So there it is, for those of you who have been wondering. We all will move forward with life and as in Elder Worthlin's last conference address, we will say "Come What may, and Love It".

3 comments:

Kayla said...

That WAS a good talk. It's the talk I did my visiting teaching on last month. I'm sorry that you are so sick, but I'm so glad that you don't have Celiacs Disease. I remember watching dad suffer through all his pains while we were growing up and I feel so bad that you are going through the same thing. I know I can't really do anything - but if there ever comes a time when I can. . let me know.

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Hey Kim, This is Alisha, Adam's husband. I was reading through your test results comment and I wanted to let you in on something. I went through just about all the same tests. For several months no one could figure out what was wrong with me. I was also given the IBS diagnosis, until I was given a very thorough gallbladder test. Once I was given the test, they found out that my gallbladder was working at 1% functionality. I don't know if you had the gallbladder test or not, but I would give that a shot. I got mine out in February and I am very glad I did. I feel normal now and I feel that I have a reason to control the things I eat without just relying on my willpower. Anyway, if you haven't had that checked, I would ask about it. I hope you get feeling better.

Megan B ♥ said...

How are you feeling this week?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed