Karlee has been conditioned to respond to certain questions in the same fashion and often with the same vocabulary that Kim employs. For example, I have been laying next to Karlee at bedtime in an effort to calm her down before she goes to bed. These nightly conversations are a treasure to me because we often discuss her day, the next day's plans, and choices good and not good in review for the day. Tonight was a classic of all of the above:
Me: Karlee what are you going to do tomorrow?
Karlee: Mommy and me are going to the library, and paint? You come?
Me: I can't, daddy has to go to work.
Karlee: (thinking for a moment) You have to go to work. . . (becoming very serious) don't take the car!
Somehow I think Kim has prepped her to certain stimulus. If dad does or says anything that might involve stranding the girls at home, tell him to change his plans. And Karlee has learned to tell me how to behave. I need this boy to join us to even the votes around here.
4 comments:
That's funny. She is just like her mom -- so cute and funny!
Awwwwe Kars...you are too cute!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Don't worry, I'm sure it goes the other way too. At our house it's
"Mom, did you get your purse? Did you turn off your flat iron? Did you lock the front door? Did you turn off all the lights?"
Post a Comment