Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The People of Politics

Let me take a moment out of my busy life to say a few words about politics. As I have sat and watched the debate go back and forth between the Republicans and the Democrats I can't help but think of a war of words that will lead only to backward action. My faith is in God and I personally feel that as this country continues to reel it will only be our faith in the Almighty that will protect us from the crumbling walls of hypocrisy around us.

What is left when all the dust settles will be what we make of our lives. What we do with our God given potential and the opportunities that have been placed in our paths is all that really matters in the end. As times wear on our commitment to this country, our faith, and each other will need to deepen. Our love for the right and true must overpower the persuasion of the weak. As I listen to all that is to be said about our future it becomes ever more apparent to me that our grand future will be created in the small moments played out within the walls of our homes. As we (I am almost there) focus on our children we will mold those who will stand at podiums leading the nations through trivial and difficult times.

My challenge to all of us is to carefully listen to all that is said of policy and law, then to side with those that best understand the role of God in the future of this country, for without Him we will surely fail.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Are you ever not a deep thinker? Sometimes I wonder if you have too much time on your hands. :p But with that said, I agree completely with you. (And I think you're gonna be a Stake President someday). I'm callin' in now.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed