For those of you who have been wondering why there has been little commentary from our home of late, I have an answer. . . DECISIONS.
Of late I have felt strongly about a change in direction. With that said, I have never been so excited/scared/etc in my life. I am sure that this change is the right one, but at the same time I wonder what it means for our growing family. This will require some immediate schedule changes in order to allow me to prepare for the LSAT, along with probably 10 years of living outside the comfortable bubble of Utah/Idaho. Thus the excited, scared, and anxiousness of the decision. There is still a chance that I would attend the U of U or BYU, but plan to attend the best school I can get into.
So as some of you may have noticed there is a poll question on the right. Be honest, I would like those closest to me to consider my personality then vote. Interestingly enough many of you are probably wondering why I would poll the audience so to speak, trust me when I say it has nothing to do with gaining a cheering section, but rather has everything to do with one of my philosophies of life.
I strongly believe that a major driver of my personal motivation is from others telling me I would fail or stumble. Henry Ford once said, "If you think you can or you think you can't, your eventually right either way." I believe that, I believe our lives are largely a product of our thoughts. Nelson Mandela explained this well when he said, "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." I believe that we all are born with potential to become and we either decide to be or not to be. Our quest in this life is to grow, to progress, to become and with that knowledge I would add to decide. We decide today who we will be tomorrow. As a man thinketh, so is he. And I my friends, believe I will be a darn good lawyer.
2 comments:
Well you like to write, debate, and win so there you go, You'll do great! We send our best wishes sand support to you and your family with this decision. Maybe you'll end up out in the Midwest somewhere for school. Who knows maybe even Creighton?
Wow - now that's a change of direction. Um . .. of course I don't want you guys to move far away - that would be so hard - BUT I think you need to do what is best for you and your family (not what your selfish sister wants). Of course this is ultimately Kim and yours decision, but I never doubt you Matt. You have the motivation beyond most of us. The only thing I worry about is you stressing out over your studies and tests too much and making yourself (more) sick!
Now for a cheer: Go, Matt, Go!
Post a Comment