Saturday, January 31, 2009

It Begins. . .

Officially today I signed up for and paid for ($945) my LSAT prep course that hopefully will make the difference and getting me to the promised land (not literally but you get the point). January has proved to be absolutely insane in not only changing career directions but completely changing my family's lives forever. After spending hours today at a law conference I could not but help to realize the magnitude of the decision I have made to embark on a doctorate of law degree. However, with that said I never felt more confident and excited for anything in my life. I feel strongly that this will provide opportunities to me and my family to reach many of the goals that we have collectively and that I have individually.

I feel bad for Kim, as her husband (who she already sees little of) will be shifting his schedule to an even more demanding one for the whole family. However, I find strength in her confidence in me, as we both look forward to the next 4 year adventure.

On a completely unrelated topic, I would like to extend an invitation for all the blog stalkers to our blog to make themselves known. We often feel like no one is following the blog, so why do we continue to post? As such this question has led us to consider moving our blog to a private password protected blog. Is this wrong? Is anyone really reading? My invitation is simple. . . please let us know that these updates serve you some sort of purpose as otherwise we will be closing down shop. Cheers!

16 comments:

Brad and Kerry said...

hey, matt and kim, i love to read your blog and see all the cute pictures...love ya, mom

Lynn Gurney said...

Grad school is great! You guys will do just fine. We read your blog everytime there is an update, just so you know. Also, the other cool thing about a blog is if you keep posting by the end of the year you have a little of your history recorded. Then you can download that history to a publishing web page and print it out in a book form for your posterity.

Tess said...

Matt and Kim,

This is your aunt Tess. I check your blog along with a bunch of others. It is the only way to know what is going on in your lives since your dad and I don't get together to often. Your blogs and a little news from your grandma is all I get. Keep it up. And I love pictures!

Anonymous said...

Okay I am electronicly challanged, but don't you dare quit!! I check at least daily for any new news and then gaze lovingly at all the pics the rest of the timel. So sorry for not posting more, but know that your posts are being read religiously.
Love all three of you,
Mom

Heather said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. :) Its great fun!

Kim said...

I am keeping up on your blog (this is Shay's wife). I love to read it and see all the pictures, but don't always find time to comment. Good luck with your schooling for the next 4 years. We are embarking on a similar journey except with Pharmacology.

Anonymous said...

Well, Matt... I've been reading your blog every now and then for a while now, even commenting sometimes but I haven't heard anything back from ya! You have the cutest little girl and I am glad to see how well you are doing! Let me know if you go private because I want to stay in touch. I think your decision to go to law school is inspiring! :)
Melissa (Robertson) Helton

Lindsey said...

I just found out about you blog and it's so fun to see what is going on in your life other than on Sundays. I'm so excited for you embarking on your Law School adventure. Kim, we can hang out and keep you company while your husband is busy studying!

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Matt & Kim,

If you expect me to make comments you are barking up the wrong tree.
But be it known that I watch all the grandkids blogs. How else would I know what is going on in the world out there. This will probably be the last time I try this. Grandma P.

Michelle Smith Isom said...

So Matt & Kim, It is true that I'm not family but I do enjoy following your blog. I love to see how Karlee is growing and how her parents are growing as well. If I don't make the cut I will understand. I will just have to rely on Kerry for your family updates. Good luck with your future plans.
Shelly Isom

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, I'm glad your stalkers are coming out of hiding, but Grandma P's comment made me laugh out loud! Oh my goodness, she's so funny! You KNOW I read it faithfully.

Mardie said...

Dido to what Megan said! I laughed so hard when I read Grandma's comment! Good job in getting all of the blogger stalkers known. :) And you should know that I follow your blog too.

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Don't worry, we stalk you! :)

Kayla said...

Wow - look at all the comments. And I'd have to agree that Grandma made the best one! So you guys are loved after all. :)

Kristina said...

Hey Kim. We like to read about you guys but we're just too shy to comment! Your daughter is adorable!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed