Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A few random things about the Bradshaws.

Not a lot is going on around here and I don't have much to post about so I thought I'd would write a few random facts about Matt, Karlee, and I. I saw this on my friends blog and thought it might be fun to do. I had fun reading about her so I hope you all have fun reading about us. Feel free to do it too.

25 random facts about Kim

1. I love being a stay at home mom

2. One of the things that makes me the happiest is getting Karlee up from a nap. She is always so thrilled to see me and smiles so big. I know this probably won't last so I'll cherish it while it does.

3. I hate grocery shopping by myself. I like when Matt comes with me although I know that's going to be happening less often.

4. Me and my sisters and parents all met our spouses at BYU-Idaho (or Ricks)

5. I like to cook when I have all of the ingredients and an idea of what to make.

6. I love to hang out with my mom during the week while Matt is busy at school and work.

7. I love to sleep and am grateful that Karlee is a good sleeper.

8. I like to stay up late but hate waking up early.

9. I have the best in-laws. Mother-in-law, Father-in-law, Brothers-in-law and Sisters-in-law are all great!

10. Me and my sisters all started college at BYU-Idaho/Ricks but we all got our Bachelor degree from different schools. Jodie-ISU, Lisa-UofU, Erin-BYU-Idaho, Kim-BYU

11. I only dated Matt for a month and a half before we were engaged. Then we got married three months later.

12. When I was pregnant I craved hot tamales, and pumpkin seeds.

13. Before I got married I had more guy friends than girl friends. But my girl friends are still some of my best friends ever.

14. I love to be around people. It's hard for me to be alone for long periods of time.

15. I'm excited that Matt has finally decided what he wants to do and know it's going to be hard but I'm excited to see where life takes us.

16. For some reason I really like reality shows like the Bachelor, American Idol, Survivor, So you think you can dance, etc. As well as pretty much all the shows on TLC.

17. I hate scary movies and refuse to watch them. Matt always tries to get me to watch them but I will not!

18. I want to be snowbirds some day. I'm not a big fan of the cold.

19. It's a dream of Matt and I to travel to as many different temples in the world and hopefully see most of them if not all.

20. I would love to be on What Not to Wear just to get a new ward robe.

21. I can lick my elbow. Somewhere I read it was impossible and so I tried and I could do it.

22. I love to play games...except for monopoly and risk (two of the games that are Matt's favorites). Although the last time I played both of those I won and I was trying to get out of the game.

23. I'd much rather do something else than watch a movie unless I'm tired and just want to fall asleep. Unless it's a movie that I really want to see.

24. I hate folding clothes. I don't mind doing laundry but I really don't like to fold clothes.

25. Whenever my family is all together we always end up staying up way too late talking and laughing. I love it. My family is very important to me.

25 Random facts about Matt

1. Matt's a deep thinker...If you couldn't tell by his posts.

2. One of his favorite meals is tacos. He can eat tons of tacos at a time.

3. He loves to play basketball, and would do it every day if he had the time.

4. He loves to watch movies but doesn't do it often because I don't like to as much.

5. He's going to be a lawyer someday.

6. He has really good fashion sense. I trust him picking out any outfit for me.

7. He blogs more than I do. He is a lot better of a writer than I am.

8. He's a spiritual giant.

9. He is a good student and loves to learn new things.

10. Being a dad came natural to him.

11. He had given up on dating when he met me, and swore that he would date a girl for a long time before he ever married her.

12. He's afraid that I won't want very many kids because of my last pregnancy and often tries to get me to commit to at least 6 kids.

13. He and his family love to play long board games.

14. He grew up on a farm and one day wants to have a hobby farm.

15. He loves to ride horses and really misses being able to do that very often.

16. He would save the world if he could.

17. When people tell him he's not good at something or wouldn't be good at something he likes to prove them wrong.

18. He is very competitive and loves to win.

19. He is a very hard worker and learned that from living on a farm.

20. Hardly anything scares him or makes him nervous.

21. He wants to write a book some day.

22. He says that he had to win a two on two basketball game to get my dad's permission to marry me. It was me and him against my mom and dad. Good thing we barely won.

23. He served a mission in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Spanish speaking.

24. Between May and December of last year he spoke 6 times in church. (I haven't spoke since we've been married)

25. Grew up in Idaho and hated potatoes until he went on his mission.

25 random facts about Karlee

1. She is such a happy baby until about 6 or 7 in the evening then she's had it for the day.

2. She has slept through the night since she was 8 weeks old. Thanks to Baby Wise.

3. She doesn't like to cuddle. She likes to be able to see everything.

4. She loves baths and hates when I take her out.

5. She has rolled over twice but I don't think either time she was trying to...she was just mad that she was on her tummy and was kicking and kicking and somehow would end up on her back.

6. She loves to sit in her bumbo...I think it makes her feel like she's big.

7. She loves to talk and when people talk to her.

8. She slept in her car seat for the first 2 1/2 months of her life.

9. She really likes to look at her mommy and her daddy hates it when he wants her to look at him.

10. She drools a ton.

11. She loves to suck on her hands. She would much rather suck on her hands then her binky.

12. Every morning when I go in a get her she has some how managed to get her arms unpinned from being swaddled. Half of the time her blanket is completely off of her.

13. She loves to get her diaper changed. She's always so happy while she's getting changed. But she doesn't mind having a dirty diaper either.

14. She is the 8th grandchild on my side and Matt's side.

15. She almost always falls right to sleep as soon as we get in the car.

16. Tummy time is not her favorite time of the day.

17. She doesn't like to sleep at church. For some reason it's really hard to put her to sleep at church, I guess there are just too many people and things to look at.

18. She doesn't like loud noises.

19. When she is in her vibrator chair she gets so excited when she see you and then so disappointed if you don't pick her up and just walk by.

20. She's got big beautiful eyes.

21. She likes to study with her daddy. (hopefully she'll be a good student and like school if we teach her while she's young)

22. She's got her daddy wrapped around her finger. She can get him to do anything for her if she just flashes him a smile.

23. She refuses to take a bottle. Hopefully that will change sometime soon.

24. She likes to stick her tongue out and will copy you if you stick yours out.

25. She's pretty darn cute and very kissable.

2 comments:

Lynn Gurney said...

That was a fun post to read! Maybe we will try it.

Megan B ♥ said...

#1. I didn't know that about hot tamales and pumpkin seeds! How random!

#2. Why don't we watch TV together more often?

#3. I'm with you on Monopoly and Risk. You have the same taste in games that I do. Thanks again for Canasta!

#4. I can always tell when Matt is starting a post because it begins with phrases like "of late" ;)

#5. Competitive? Interesting, I never would have guessed, LOL!

#6. I'm so glad he's mostly over his aversion to potatoes. That alway struck me as funny since he's from Idaho. I guess I'm a sucker for the stereotype.

#7. Again, I think you're a champ for enduring the evening melt-downs. Good thing she's so happy most of the time and so beautiful all of the time.

#8. How much is a Bumbo? I think I need to get one.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed