As we ventured up this path to take some pictures of the cabin we saw some large tracks that we determined must be fresh from a moose or large elk and thought nothing else of it.
However, as we driving to leave we saw him, a very large moose just standing in one of the roads through the property, after taking a few pictures we drove up to leave. After convincing Kerry that it was okay if we went back we turned around and went around another way to get another angle. Brad and I walked over close to the monster of a moose and with his permission we walked up till we were about 5 yards away. Eventually after casually eating as we watched him, he decided to walk up a small path. As we drove out we stopped at the top of the path and realized that in the trees just off the path there was another moose or two. I could not convince Kerry to let me go investigate, but it made me think that maybe we were a little lucky in how close we were able to get considering the family was just right up the path. All things considered it was a fun mini-trip to see the cabin and get a really close up look at this bull moose.
Round 2 from the other side -
Karlee was unsure about the whole experience, but did better than Kerry who hid for a time under her blanket!
6 comments:
How cool! I'm loving the cabin, it will be fun to use when we visit. I can't believe you got that close to the moose, you are crazy!
The cabin looks like it will be fun when it is done. Seneca says you are very lucky, people in Canada have been trampled by moose.
Holy smokes that's a big moose! And awesome that you got so close.
How awesome is that and how fun it's going to be to have a cabin there! You are one brave soul. We got close to a moose once not noticing her babe was just on the other side of the path. Darn thing charged us. I can tell you I've never been that scared! They are even bigger when they are trying to chase you down! Great pictures though!!
You were always crazy. But you can get closer to nature being a half squirrel and all. :) That cabin looks like it's in a very pretty spot. Nice.
The cabin is larger than I thought it would be. I'm glad the moose didn't trample you! Great pictures!
Post a Comment