Sorry, no pics in this post so all you fair weathered fans of the blog that only come for pictures keep on moving to the next blog. But for the two very specials mothers of Kim and I. . . I invite you to read on. A few years ago I would have spent a week or two coming up with a poem to fit the circumstances and express those things that I want to say, however, due to life as I like to reference it now you will have to simply accept a few thoughts about mothers. (probably better suited for Mother's Day, but I never was good with timing)
The mothers in my life are to me. . . .
- A voice of reason and logic and oftentimes given my emotional nature I often need some reason and logic
- A powerful example of righteous living and service without reward
- A constant support with added measurements of love in times when it is needed
- An optimistic cheerleader (everyone needs a good fan to cheer us along our personal path)
Things that my mothers do that go under appreciated. . . .
- Everything! I started that line thinking I would be able to name a couple of things then quickly realized that there is nothing that you do where you receive just gratitude in return.
Commitments to my mom(s). . . My birthday presents to you
- I promise to be who I promised I would be. Which to remind us all was: A caring husband, a dedicated father, a righteous son, and an example of the believers in all I do.
- I promise to teach your grandchildren those lessons that you have taught me
- I promise to listen to my children with a listening ear and respond with a soft answer.
In short I want to wish you both the very best of birthdays as you both turn 40. I hope today (and/or tomorrow) you are reminded of all the good that you do for each of us and feel the love and gratitude that is felt but often so hard to put into words. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
2 comments:
Dear Matt and Kim and our angel Karlee,
Thank you so much for the beautiful tribute.
I am glad that I have almost overcome the "meanest mom ever" which I grew to appreciate as I have seen what wonderful adults you have become. And I know at times I probably was.
I appreicate the delicate reference of age, but I'm okay with the real calander caculations of ........lots and lots of days. I love you very much and thank you for the birthday greeting. Love Mom Bradshaw
There is no greater joy than to know my children walk in light and truth. I couldn't ask for a more perfect birthday present! You are both so awesome! It is fun to see you take to the roles of parents. Such naturals! My heart was touched by your promises Matt. The Lord will bless you and your cute little family in your efforts. I Love you both. Mom B.
Post a Comment